The Association of Career Firms North America (ACF-North America) was founded in 1982 to bring together and represent the interests of the North American outplacement and career transition industry. It is a non-profit organization representing 75+ firms in the career transition and management industry throughout North America. ACF-North America has developed into an influential trade organization. We are focused on achieving more awareness throughout North America on how effective outplacement and career transition and management services can be during transition and change.
ACF-North America meets the interests and needs of professional organizations operating in the fields of outplacement, coaching, and related activities. It is an active platform for both potential client companies as well as individuals, seeking answers to questions they might have related to career management and coaching.
The mission of ACF-North America is to:
- Provide a North American-wide focus for the advancement of the practice of career management
- Foster public and professional understanding of the industry
- Ensure consistent standards of high competence and integrity
- Monitor, gather and disseminate information relevant to the industry
- Liaise in matters relevant to the industry and to participate actively in their resolution
- Work with other professional industrial and governmental bodies on matters of mutual concern
- Provide a forum for discussion of industry issues
- Organize regular North America conferences and regional meetings.